Adult Program (18+)
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy with Mindfulness (CBTm) is a 5-class program designed to help you build resilience and improve your mental wellness.
Is CBTm right for me?
CBTm may be useful for people who are:
- Struggling with anxiety and/or mood symptoms
- Experiencing a negative impact to their life due to their mental health
- Wanting to learn new skills to help manage their own well-being
- Parents or caregivers wanting to build skills to better support their children’s mental health and wellbeing
Who can join?
Anyone age 18 or older, located in Manitoba, and willing to participate in the research evaluation of the classes can join. No mental health diagnosis is required to register.
Anyone meeting the above criteria can register and no referrals from a healthcare professional are needed.
To register for the classes, please click the “Register Here” button. The CBTm team will contact you once the next set of class dates is scheduled.
What are the options?
Our CBTm program offers two options for accessing the classes:
Option 1. Facilitator-led CBTm classes
- Classes are led by a trained clinician and held virtually over Zoom. Sessions are approximately 90 minutes long and occur once per week for 5 weeks.
- The classes include a PowerPoint presentation in lecture format. Participants are encouraged to discuss and ask the facilitator questions if they feel comfortable.
- Skills practice will be assigned weekly. Participants are welcome to bring one support person to attend the classes.
Option 2. Web-based CBTm course
- Participants will have access to a 5 class, web-based, self-guided CBTm course. The course has been created to mirror the facilitator-led CBTm classes.
- Each class will take approximately 90 minutes to complete. Material may be completed in a single sitting, or the participant can choose to pause the session and return to it at a later time.
- Skills practice will be assigned at the end of each class. A new class will be available 1 week after completion of the prior class material.
Research Information for CBTm Program
In order to determine if the CBTm programs are helpful, individuals will be asked to fill out a set of questions each class and following course completion. The questions will ask about your mental health, as well as gather feedback on the program. All information gathered is held on a secure server and data will be made anonymous.
Click the button below to register and create a CBTm Client Profile.
There are no costs or fees to participate in the classes.