Public Safety Personnel, Military & Veterans
Let’s keep you in the field.
- Learn skills for improving resiliency and well-being
- Learn skills for managing shift-work and work-life balance
- Resolve workplace conflict & trauma
Who can join?
Anyone currently or formerly working in the military or public safety, whether as a police officer, firefighter, paramedic, correctional officer, dispatcher, or another similar role.
Anyone age 18 or older, located in Manitoba, and willing to participate in the research evaluation of the classes can join. No mental health diagnosis is required to register.
Anyone meeting the above criteria can register and no referrals from a healthcare professional are needed.
What are the options?
Our CBTm program offers two options for accessing the classes:
Option 1. Facilitator-led CBTm classes
- Classes are led by a trained clinician and held virtually over Zoom. Sessions are approximately 90 minutes long and occur once per week for 5 weeks.
- The classes include a PowerPoint presentation in lecture format. Participants are encouraged to discuss and ask the facilitator questions if they feel comfortable.
- Skills practice will be assigned weekly. Participants are welcome to bring one support person to attend the classes.
- Note: The facilitator-led classes offered are currently for the general Adults population.
Option 2. Web-based CBTm course
- Participants will have access to a 5 class, web-based, self-guided CBTm course that is customized to the public safety personnel population. The course has been created to mirror the facilitator-led CBTm classes.
- Each class will take approximately 90 minutes to complete. Material may be completed in a single sitting, or the participant can choose to pause the session and return to it at a later time.
- Skills practice will be assigned at the end of each class. A new class will be available 1 week after completion of the prior class material.
Research Information for CBTm Program
In order to determine if the CBTm programs are helpful, individuals will be asked to fill out a set of questions each class and following course completion. The questions will ask about your mental health, as well as gather feedback on the program. All information gathered is held on a secure server and data will be made anonymous.
“The course helped me recognize things in myself that I want to change, and it has given me the tools to start practicing that, and I am grateful for that new information. Thank you.”
– 2021 Participant
“Workplaces need to incorporate these practices into shifts/education.”
– 2020 Participant
“I found this experience very informative and I’m confident I now have the tools to self-manage occupational stress injuries.”
– 2020 Participant
If you’re interested:
Click the button below to register and create a CBTm Client Profile.
Please note: Zoom classes currently offered are inclusive to the general adult population. The web course classes are tailored to public safety personnel and military.
- Fast track your mental health journey by participating in a non-invasive brain stimulation, click here for more details!