Is CBTm for Youth right for me?
CBTm may be useful for people who are:
- Learn how to shift unhelpful thinking patterns into more helpful patterns
- Become aware of good quality self-help resources
- Learn how to respond to stress and worries in healthier ways
- Enhance self-esteem
- Improve communication and coping skills
Who can join?
Anyone ages 12-17, currently located in Manitoba, and willing to participate in the research evaluation of the classes can join. A grade 6 reading level or above and being able to participate in classes lasting 1.5 hours is recommended.
No mental health diagnosis is required to register.
Anyone meeting the above criteria can register and no referrals from a healthcare professional are needed.
To register for the CBTm for Youth classes, please email the CBTm Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the process. The CBTm Team will be in contact within 3-5 business days.
What are the options?
The CBTm for Youth program currently offers one option for the classes:
Facilitator-led CBTm classes
- Classes are led by a trained clinician and held virtually over Zoom. Sessions are approximately 90 minutes long and occur once per week for 5 weeks.
- The classes include a PowerPoint presentation in lecture format. Participants are encouraged to discuss and ask the facilitator questions if they feel comfortable.
- Skills practice will be assigned weekly. Participants are welcome to bring one support person to attend the classes.
Research Information for CBTm Program
To find out if the CBTm program works for youth in Manitoba, participants will be asked to fill out weekly
questionnaires as part of a research study. These questionnaires will be available on Greenspace, an online
clinical platform. They’ll ask the individual about their mental well-being and their thoughts on the classes.
Please rest assured that any information collected will remain entirely confidential and will greatly
assist us in understanding how well this new program works.
To register for CBTm for Youth please email the CBTm Team at email@example.com with your contact information.
There are no costs or fees to participate in the classes.