Are you interested in offering CBTm classes at your organization or clinic?
Or are you interested in refreshing your CBTm training?
CBTm is an innovative program that has been created by a team of mental health experts, including psychiatrists, psychologists, and clinicians, in collaboration with individuals with lived experience. The program is designed to equip individuals with evidence-based self-management strategies that enhance resilience and improve overall mental well-being. As a participant in this training, you will gain knowledge and skills in key cognitive and behavioral concepts, which you can then apply when working with clients. In addition to the knowledge you will gain, you will receive all the materials necessary to deliver the program to clients, whether it be in a one-on-one or group setting. CBTm has proven to be an effective tool in improving mental health outcomes and can be a valuable addition to your clinical practice!
Our team offers training and continued support for implementing CBTm programs as part of your organization’s CBT services. We typically offer this training workshop twice per year.
The next Facilitator Training Workshop will be held on September 27th, 2023. Please click here to register.
- Participants will learn about the development of and rationale behind CBTm classes for mood, anxiety, and posttraumatic stress symptoms/disorder.
- Participants will learn about the work our team has done to date in implementing CBTm classes across over 40 sites in the country (primary care, military, veterans, and self-help organizations) on reducing wait times and improving symptoms.
- Participants will learn how the CBTm content has been adapted for use with public safety personnel and the results of a pilot randomized controlled trial in this population.
- Participants will receive 7.5 hours of training in CBTm class content and monitoring the outcomes of the classes.
- Following training, participants will have the opportunity to engage their clients in a research study to evaluate a web-based, self-directed CBTm course.
Workshop times are in Central Standard Time zone
Please note: the agenda below is an example and may be subject to minor changes.
September 27, 2023
0900 – 1000 Background, Implementation, and the Science Behind CBTm Classes
1000 – 1015 Overview of Training
1015 – 1030 Break
1030 – 1130 Class 1: CBT Model & Cognitive Therapy
1130 – 1230 Class 2: Behaviour Therapy & Goal Setting
1230 – 1300 Lunch Break
1300 – 1400 Class 3: Healthy Living & Sleep
1400 – 1500 Class 4: Problem Solving
1500 – 1515 Break
1515 – 1615 Class 5: Responding to Stress & Wellness Planning
1615 – 1645 Implementation, Research, and the Evaluation of CBTm
1645 – 1715 Questions, Feedback, and Evaluation of the Training
Other health professionals: $65
This workshop will be delivered online via Zoom only. Connection details will be emailed to registered participants 24 hours in advance of the session date.
When registration opens up we will update the link below.