CBTm in CancerCare
CancerCare Manitoba and the Community Cancer Programs Network (CCPN) offer an online education program that helps cancer patients and their support people to learn skills for managing difficult emotions and thoughts. This program is adapted from Cognitive Behaviour Therapy with Mindfulness (CBTm) and used to promote resilience and hope in patients with cancer.
Who can join?
CancerCare patients and their support people, living in Manitoba.
Fostering Hope & Resilience
The CBTm in CancerCare Education Classes are designed to help cancer patients and their support people who are:
- Experiencing feelings of sadness or worry that affect your day-to-day life
- Wanting to learn new skills to help manage their well-being
- Wanting to build skills to better support their loved ones mental health and wellbeing
Additional program details:
This adapted program is offered through CancerCare Manitoba with the support of professional Oncology counsellors from CCMB and CCPN. The CCPN Regional Cancer Program is a provincial program of CancerCare Manitoba that works in partnership with the Regional Health Authorities.
Classes are led by trained counsellors and held virtually over Zoom. Sessions are approximately 90 minutes long and occur once per week for 6 weeks.
To view a poster with additional information, click here.
How do I access the program?
- To inquire about dates and to register please contact CancerCare Manitoba Patient and Family Services at (204) 787-4119 or 1-866-561-1026 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or contact the Community Cancer Programs Network to inquire about locally offered CBTm in CancerCare groups near you: click here for website.
If you would like to register for the
CBTm in CancerCare program, please use the following contact details:
Phone: (204) 787-4119
There are no costs or fees to participate in the classes.